National Wilderness Conference
What: The National Wilderness Conference Printed Program - the first national gathering of the wilderness community in 25 years - was filled with diverse plenary sessions, presentations, panels, exhibits, field learning, and skill development workshops, all culminating in the public, outdoor 'Get Wild' Festival.
The companion Wilderness Celebration Exhibition showcased organizational booths surrounding the Wilderness Awareness Trail for grade- and middle-school students.
When: Conference occurred October 15-19, 2014; 'Get Wild' Festival occurred October 18, 2014; the People's Film Gala had two showings scheduled for October 14 and 19, 2014; audience-specific pre-conference trainings were offered October 14-15, 2014; field trips to New Mexico wilderness areas and cultural sites include multi-day trips (backpacking), day trips (hiking, floating, canoing, cultural tours) and half-day trips (hiking, biking, canoing, cultural tours) and were available before and after the conference.
Program: Download the full National Wilderness Conference Printed Program.
Products: A proceedings will be produced and released in 2015. The proceedings will contain transcriptions of all plenary programs and abstracts from all track sessions. Professional photographs from the conference and associated events and recordings of plenary programs are online.
- Full conference registration: $350
- Full conference registration for seniors (55 or older)/students/seasonals: $175
- Pre-conference training + Full conference registration: $400
- Pre-conference training + Full conference registration for seniors (55 or older)/students/seasonals: $200
- 1-Day conference registration for Thursday: $125
- 1-Day conference registration for Friday: $125
- Pre-conference training only: $75